December 05, 2017 - Webinar: TELLing It Like It Is: Using Data to Drive School Improvement
New Teacher Center will host a webinar on the Teaching, Empowering, Leading and Learning (TELL) Survey. With a thorough understanding of the teaching and learning conditions in their school or districts, administrators can better prioritize resources and efforts to better student learning outcomes.
- Dawn Shephard, New Teacher Center (Moderator)
- Patti Simmons, Hillsborough County (FL) Public Schools
- Dr. Hilda Rosselli, Oregon Chief Education Office
The Teaching, Empowering, Leading, and Learning (TELL) Survey – administered by New Teacher Center – is a nationally recognized instrument aligned with contemporary education research. TheTELL Survey gathers and analyzes anonymous educator perceptions of teaching and learning conditions across core constructs, including: community support & involvement, facilities & resources, instructional practices & support, managing student conduct, professional development, school leadership, teacher leadership, and use of time.
Webinar attendees will learn about administering and evaluating survey results and about how the TELL data is used by states and school districts to prioritize efforts to improve professional learning opportunities, heighten teacher efficacy, create opportunities and pathways for teacher leadership, and ultimately transform teaching and learning conditions to improve educational outcomes for students.
December 11, 2017 - Webinar: Supporting Students Through Effective Educators: Evidence-Based Strategies to Increase Student Learning
Join The New Teacher Center and Education Week for an in-depth discussion on proven ways to increase student learning, and explore how districts can support educators and get real results.
In this webinar, New Teacher Center and district partners will outline:
- The challenges districts face sifting through what works and investing in programs that increase student learning and achievement
- The evidence-based programs and research that have proven to increase student learning
- How such programs have been successfully implemented in districts and schools across the country
- Lynn Kepp, senior vice president of strategic partnerships, New Teacher Center (moderator)
- Laura Baker, vice president of program strategy and implementation, New Teacher Center
- Milissa McClaire Gary, senior program consultant of program strategy and delivery department and federal grants, New Teacher Center
- Ali Picucci, vice president of impact and improvement, New Teacher Center