Thank you to the more than 101,000 educators for taking the 2016 NCTWCS Survey
To recognize schools with 100 percent participation, the NC Department of Public Instruction partnered with the North Carolina Business Committee for Education and, in particular, BB&T, California Casualty, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Duke Energy and Lenovo, and the North Carolina Association for Educators (NCAE) to award those schools prizes and monetary incentives. Award presentations were held at the school and delivered personally by staff of the Department of Public Instruction and its sponsors in May and June. Please click on the schools below to view pictures of the presentations.
The following schools received a $1,000 cash prize for being selected as “firsts” in our state:
- Allenbrook Elementary School (Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools), First Elementary School in state to reach 100 percent response rate
- East Rutherford Middle School (Rutherford County Schools), First Middle School in state to reach 100 percent response rate
- Creswell High School (Washington County Schools), First High School in state to reach 100 percent response rate
- Edenton-Chowan Public Schools, First School District in state to reach 100 percent response rate
- Plain View Primary (Bladen County Schools), “Nick of Time” School (final school in state to reach 100 percent response rate):
The following schools were randomly selected through a live drawing held on Monday, May 9.
The taping of the Department's live drawing can be found by clicking here.
The following schools received a $750 cash prize:
- Banner Elk Elementary in Avery County (North Area)
- Northwoods Park Middle School in Onslow County (South Area)
- The Exploris School in Raleigh (East Area)
- Enochville Elementary in Rowan-Salisbury Schools (West Area)
These schools will receive a sponsor prize valued at $500:
- Carthage Elementary in Moore County, School-wide Professional Development Session sponsored by NCAE
- Robert L Patton High School in Burke County, $500 in School Supplies sponsored by California Casualty Insurance